menu   Home ELA Resources French Resources About Me  

From Brazil to Chicago - a quick post

If you don't know me yet, let me tell you I was born and raised in Brazil (which will be the host of the 2014 Soccer World Cup AND the 2016 summer Olympic Games, but I'm leaving that for a series of posts coming soon…)

I'm just writing this quick note to share that I'll be blogging for a little while from…. Chicago!

I was an exchange student here in the early 90s (I guess this tells you how old I am...) and I feel deeply connected to this place.

Let me leave you this morning with the view from my temporary home:



I just loooove the Windy City! What about you?

6 comments:

  1. Lucy--My husband and I LOVE Chicago and actually spent our honeymoon there! I have family that lives just outside of the city, so I visited often while growing up. Have fun and enjoy the view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had family living around the city, I would be here all the time - they would have to kick me out :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love Chicago too! I lived in Kansas City for 10 years and we used to travel to Chicago for soccer tournaments. Great city!

    Jenn Larson
    The Teacher Next Door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn! So you like soccer?! Are you going to watch the World Cup games?
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I've never been to Chicago but it is on my bucket list. My hubby's been so he gets to plan the trip. Now… we just need to set a date. Please share more pictures of Chicago if you get a chance!

    You didn't quite share why you are in Chicago… will you tell us in a later post? Or am I just being too nosy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, no, not nosy at all.
      My husband's conducting research at the University of Chicago and I came along.
      If you've read my "About me", you know I'm not in a classroom anymore so I'm able to do that.
      I plan on sharing more pictures so stay tuned :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete